Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Why Am I Still Hungry, Unsatisfied or Tired After I Eat?


Does hormone in-balance contribute to hunger, and is this related to a vitamin deficiency that contributes to hunger and loss of energy? Even disease?

I believe it does. I have never been on hormone replacement therapy, because, as I transitioned through menopause, I started having breast cysts, and I found out I had fibroids. These were both caused by an estrogen dominance. At my last physical in November 2011 (3 years after my last physical), my Ob-gyn told me my fibroids had shrunk (I never opted to remove them) and I have not had another breast cyst.

Yet, as I feel I have conquered this eating thing to at least maintain one size (you can too) without buying new clothes, I find that sometimes I am still hungry, and have that gnawing feeling of not quite feeling satisfied. The whole goal is to feel satisfied without eating more.

The closer I get to 60 ( 2.25 years away) I find that I can still discern the monthly times. Sometimes, I found as I neared the end of menopause, that I could cause a monthly cycle simply by eating something that would throw me out of whack. Simply eliminating the offending compound has enabled me to skip this monthly cycle. Maybe I am on the other side (Finally!) Have you had PMS all your life, been ravenously hungry before your period, and then it goes away when everything starts? Well, I believe the same thing happens even though there are no menses. I was ravenously hungry and couldn't get satisfied. After about 1-2 weeks, the drive to eat was gone, and I would no longer have unsatisfying times. I could once again feel like my old self and not feel the need to supplement.

I would supplement when I didn't want to keep eating, during these stressful times. When stress would creep in and the cortisol would start rising, I would add all the anti-oxidants I thought I might low on. I would and still take vitamin C, and rhodiola for energy (and particularly good for Blood Type O). I use the homeopathic nutrients I recommend. If you find you are challenged as you transition through menopause, you may find you can choose homeopathic support, before you succumb to prescription medicine. If a doctor prescribes anti-depressant medicine and you know that this is not the problem, you may research for yourself, how to reduce stress and maybe even adrenal fatigue, to get yourself back to normal. Prescription medicine is harmful to your liver and kidneys. Eating whole foods is best. There are health issues listed under Supplements and the corresponding supplement recommended. Each of these supplements is composed of natural foods. When you read what they are made of, you may choose to eat more of "these".

The thing that happens when I go through these monthly cycles, is that I would get the feeling like I did with the old birth control pills. Always hungry and never satisfied. I knew there was a lot of estrogen in the older pills, and what I felt, was like that feeling of a lot of estrogen. Stress can cause the progesterone to be converted to cortisol, unbalancing the estrogen progesterone equilibrium. Aromastat is a natural blend of herbs, shown in clinical studies to inhibit the enzyme aromatase. Aromatase is an enzyme found in the liver that converts testosterone into estradiol and androstenedine into estrone. Thus its' primary action is to convert steroid hormones into estrogen class hormones.

Aromastat contains indole-3-carbinols, like those found in cuciferous vegetables like cabbage, brussells sprouts, cauliflower, collards and broccoli. These indole-3-carbinols, help transform dangerous estrogens into more benign forms, as recognized by the National Cancer Institute.

Chrysin found in the herb Passiflora Incarnata. The flavone Chrysin is a potent natural aromatase inhibitor. In 1993 Chrysin was tested with 10 other flavonoids and found to be superior to an aromatase inhibiting DRUG (aminoglutethemide). Scientists conducting the study concluded that the aromatase-inhibiting effect of certain flavonoids may contribute to the cancer preventative effect of certain plant-based diets.

Apigen found in most species of chamomile, the flavone apigen is also a safe and effective aromatase inhibitor, with inhibitory effectiveness about equal to that of chrysin.

The isoflavones in soy most notably genistein and diadzein were shown in studies to be potent aromatase inhibitors

Another homeopathic compound works in a different way to prevent cancer due to unbalanced hormones. The body's detoxification systems have a daily demand placed on them by both external and internal pollutants. This product is for those, whose systems carry the burden of additional demand, where specialized nutrition would help.

Calcium combined with Glucaric Acid to form Calcium D-Glucurate and the botanical Phyllanthus. Glucaric acid is found in small amounts in our bodies, and in fruits and vegetables. Calcium D-Glucarate is a form of glucarid acid, which is utilized in the body to enhance the process by which the body rids itself of potentially dangerous environmental pollutants, including foreign organic compounds, fat soluble toxins, and excess steroid hormones such as estrogen.

Some fruits and vegetables where glucaric acid is found is, oranges, apples, Brussels sprouts,broccoli and cabbage.

There is a lot of interest in using calcium D-glucarate for preventing estrogen related cancer such as breast cancer and other hormone related cancers. Calcium D-glucarate is thought to decrease estrogen levels by affecting estrogens' elimination. Estrogen is metabolized hepatically in phase II metabolism by combining with glucuronic acid. It is then excreted in the bile. Unfortunately a bacterial enzyme in the intestine called beta-glucuronidase normally breaks the estrogen-glucuronide bond, allowing estrogen to be reabsorbed. Calcium D-glucurate works at this step by inhibiting beta-glucuronidase. Blocking this enzyme is thought to decrease the amount of estrogen being resorbed to lower circulating estrogen levels. There is some evidence that beta-glucuronidase activity may be increased in patients with hormone-dependent cancers like breast and prostate cancer.

Finding what vegetables on these "lists" are optimal for you, may prevent cancer. If you hate these "vegetables" you can opt to take them in supplement form.

When you are starting out, and in your late 40's or early 50's, you may want to know what is causing your lack of energy. If the regular MD. says your iron is all right, you may want to see if you can lower your stress, and find out what is causing loss of energy. I found that (read that) Blood Type A's have low alkaline phosphatase, and do not absorb the Vitamin B's well. I started taking vitamin B and could not feel the difference, so I took the B-vitamin and anti-oxidant genetic test. Genetic tests are for all the Blood Types. This took some time, that is to feel the benefit of Vitamin B's Cleaning out my colon was key and took about 18-24 months. Don't give up! When I cleaned my colon, I found I could tell when a supplement was actually helping. This genetic test was "proof". Finally I felt like my old, younger, self. I found my energy! Check the amount of milligrams. Some people say 3000 mg per day. You can over do anything. The Methyl B supplement I take has 1000 mg per capsule, and is counter balanced with folate. I even eat Cheerios (cereals are fortified with Vitamin B's and Folate. (I no longer eat Shredded Wheat, Wheaties, Raisin Bran, or 40% Bran) I have found that wheat is genetically modified to create greater yield, and that wheat itself has lost its' nutrient value.

I Recommend highly, the necessary basics. Vitamin D3 with K (Bone health, cancer prevention, colon health), Bilberry and Luteins and Zeaxanthins (macular degeneration, retina loss, even breast cancer reduction), and Omega 3's for heart and brain health (I prefer to eat mine every day) or Walnuts have a lot of omega 3's too. I also promote lots of green leafy vegetables, and add simple recipes for collard greens and kale in the e-mails. I do believe The Doctors TV and Dr. Oz, that these 3 are the absolute minimum three to prevent inflammation, and cancer and disease. I supplement these three, because I do not get out in the sun enough, and I can't eat enough blueberries and blackberries.

I have listed what works for me, and how I adjust for changes in hormone levels during the month. Are you able to discern what works for you, by yourself? Give eating your highly beneficial foods a good long try, at least 18 months, see what it does for you. I know you will feel a difference. Learning to deal with stress, and getting your adrenal fatigue under control, will do well, to put you on the path toward healing.

To see how to put this together for your own blood type, opt in for the keys to basic health. Honestly believe the 10 keys, and then use the e-mails to learn how to put your own eating plan together, and how to use the blood type diet most efficiently. There are also some simple recipes to help you get to your goals faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment